Hi everyone, November has come and gone and the events keep getting better!!!
November "The Highlights"
28th Annual Fall AutoFest - Zephyrhills Auction - Whether you call it a swap meet, automotive flea market or auto jumble, but one of the highlights at Zephyrhills is its massive area of new and used auto parts and accessories. You can find everything from engines to transmissions, axles to chassis, steering to tail lights and just about everything in between. There was also a great selection of memorabilia available, including vintage signs, gas pumps, toys and more. The swap meet provided a perfect outlet to find a hidden gem or missing resto piece for your project.
GOODGUYS 23rd AUTUMN GET-TOGETHER - This year’s event featured an outdoor show & shine with over 2,500 American powered cars of all years, makes & models, plus an impressive indoor car show featuring trucks of all makes, shapes and styles as well as vintage military vehicles! They also had vendor exhibits, a huge swap meet & cars for sale corral, the throttle-mashing Goodguys Autocross, pinstriper’s “Brush Bash”, a model car show and arts & crafts! Man there was alot going on!!!
- FERRARI SPIRIT AWARD - 1973 246 GTS Dino Jack May
- CADDILAC SPIRIT AWARD - 1962 Eldorado Bartitz Convertible Steven Tuck
- MORGAN SPIRIT AWARD - 1938 Morgan drophead coupe Mark & Andrea Braunstein
- LEXUS CHAIRMAN'S AWARD - 1957 Lincoln Premiere 2-door Hardtop Howard Britt
- BEST COMPETITION AWARD – VINTAGE - 1953` Jaguar XK 120C Tom Curren
- BEST COMPETITION AWARD – CONTEMPORARY - 1972 Porsche 911 Coupe Nort Northam
- PRESERVATION AWARD (Best unrestored automobile) - VINTAGE Pre-1975 1970 Jaguar XKE-FHC Jim Kulhmann
- CONTEMPORARY - 1976-2003 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS Tim Stanford
- DUPONT REGISTRY PEOPLES' CHOICE - 1956 XK 140 MC Rick Vimmerstadt
- JUDGE'S CHOICE (Morse Trophy) - 1930 Stutz Bill Gachioch
- FOUNDER'S TROPHY Presented by Founder Bob Tallgren - 1961 Ferrari 400 SuperAmerica Wayne Nelson
- BEST OF SHOW TROPHY Presented by Tim Webber - 1932 Stutz M Bearcat DV-32 Richard & Irina Mitchell
This year’s show offered something for every member of the family. In addition to the 2013 model cars, SUV’s, trucks and vans the show will featured:
- The return of Mercedes-Benz to the Auto Show courtesy of Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco
- Alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles plus The Driving Electric display
- Exotic Sports Cars and the Ferrari Club of America – Pacific Region Display
- Ride & Drives with Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Nissan and Scion
- The GEICO exhibit with the GEICO NASCAR and Paul Jr. Designs custom Gecko Motorcycle
- The Academy of Art University Classic Car Collection
- Hot Rods from Dominator Street Rods, plus race cars and the Sonoma Raceway Display
- San Francisco Auto Salon featuring modified cars from different genres (Saturday, Nov. 24 only)
- Aftermarket Alley featuring tricked out vehicles and aftermarket products
LA Auto Show - The flurry of new models unveiled at the LA Auto Show underscored the increasingly fierce industry competition on all fronts, from technology to efficiency to horsepower.
The show's opening day featured major debuts including the long-awaited redesign of the Toyota RAV4 sport utility, the new Porsche Cayman and Acura's flagship RLX. Meanwhile, Audi unleashed new diesel versions of four models and Ford offered a Fiesta with a turbo three-cylinder engine small enough to fit in a suitcase.
Sitting in front of Chevrolet's new Spark EV — a sub-$25,000 electric car with more torque than some Ferraris - GM North America President Mark Reuss said automakers have emerged from the economic downturn leaner, with sustainable operations making large investments in innovative products.
Top Ten Auction Results:
1. 1918 Herschell-Spillman 32′ Carousel – $460,000
2. 1956 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible – $299,750
3. 1968 Shelby Mustang GT500-KR Convertible – $264,000
4. 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible – $206,250
5. 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible – $206,250
6. 1958 Chevrolet Bel Air Impala Custom Hardtop Coupe – $198,000
7. 1958 Chrysler 300D Convertible – $198,000
8. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster – $198,000
9. 1959 Chrysler 300E Convertible – $176,000
10. 1929 Pierce-Arrow Custom Brougham – $176,000
Coming up this December! "The Outlook"
Car shows / Swap meets:
2013 SILICON VALLEY INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
RM ARIZONA 2013
Have Fun and be Safe Everyone!